Friday, 31 August 2012

Once in a blue moon

So I haven't blogged in a long while, and since it's a blue moon tonight I thought maybe this is the time to finally get round to it. Lol. It's been a very busy year, I've been developing some new products such as the ones you see below. The Token range has come a long way since 2008 at the very first I Heart Market.

Over the last year or so, I've introduced small little dishes - the heart-shaped, tulip-shaped, lace imprinted bowls and small pie-dishes. Each one is hand-made and hand-glazed by myself. Recently, I've sought to expand that range to include these two new designs.

These little dishes are slip-cast in white stoneware and impressed with stamp details, and some have been hand-drawn into the clay. So each piece is unique.

I'm totally loving the new colour glazes I've introduced: the rich coral, acid chartreuse, light turquoise, lemon yellow and a new denim blue.The flower stamped bowls have a lovely muted matte glaze on the outside which really contrasts wonderfully with vibrant  shine of the inside colours

 






Those of you that are regulars at my stall at the I Heart Market have probably noticed these little plates below. These are the perfect size to use as a soup dish, teabag holder, spoon rest or just for popping your jewellery into at bedtime. Each has a contrasting glaze on the back too.

 
 

Well, that's it from me, hopefully it won't be another blue moon until I update my blog.
Here's a quick snap I took of a orange blue moon over Durban tonight. See you at the market!

1 comment:

  1. Nawekenya offers best African adornments and Handmade cowhide shoes with best quality.African print satchel are accessible at low cost with Fair exchange mark. we are giving you choices for the African accessories, high quality cowhide shoes, African print tote, reasonable exchange mark Kenya, maasai belts and maasai canine collars.

    ReplyDelete